For the International Conference on Teaching and Learning with Technology (ICTLT), 5-6 Aug 2008.
Pre-conference workshop (4 Aug 2008):
A SELECT LIST OF ONLINE TOOLS
Other Social Networking platforms
- Ovi (Nokia) [see Wikipedia entry]
- Delicious.com (social bookmarking) | my example
Copyright & Creative Commons
- Photos: Flickr.com
- Music: ccmixter.org
- Google Advanced Search (click on the "+" sign that says "
- MIT open courseware project
- Internet Archive
Some considerations in selecting a social sharing service (please add your thoughts as comments)
- What are your goals & objectives?
- Are you prepared for your works to be used without attribution?
- Free or Fee, or both
- Ease of Use
- Is that service popular? (why do you think this matters?)
- Who are the main users of that service?
- What's the popular image/ branding of that service?
- What's your preferred degree of control of your content? (e.g. private Vs. public access, moderation)